Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thoreau Challenge Day #2

This will be my second day without technology.  I feel kind of isolated from the world because I don't know what is really going on outside of my everyday life.  I think the first day was the easiest to deal with, today has definitely been alittle harder.

I do not really spend much time watching tv or using the internet(other than for class) so the worst part for me is not using my cell phone.  I like being able to stay in touch and talk to the people who are important to me. Its hard not to be able to pick up the phone and call whoever I want, whenever I want.

Another hard thing to go without is my ipod. I always use my ipod even when I am driving.  I have a radio transmitter that lets me play it over the radio in my car.  So I don't miss the radio at all because I never listened to it anyways, there are too many advertisements.  I do not enjoy driving in silence because I tend to think about all of the homework and stuff that I need to do, and go over it again and again. I think it would not be so bad if it was summer and I could have all the windows down listening to the wind.

 Its also different working out without my ipod too.  The music I listen to is usually real upbeat and gets me pumped and motivated.  I definitely miss it when I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment