Friday, April 1, 2011

Hunger Games



I absolutely loved this book.  I am definitely planning on reading the rest of the trilogy. The book was very interesting and suspensful, and I could not put it down.  In conversation with the rest of the books we have read, it fits in because it deals with technology and privacy.  The government watches over everyone in the Hunger Games sort of like they did in 1984 just not as extreme. The tributes are constantly watched in the arena.  Also, the Capital is very futurisitc and strange and reminded me of Feed.

Katniss was definitely the person I related too. I was routing for her to win the whole time.  She seems to be a strong willed, opinionated person who always speaks her mind.  She is also very strong and determined, which are admirable traits.  I found myself feeling bad for Peeta because you can tell he truly cares about Katniss and is not pretending.  I wanted Katniss to feel the same way about him.  Its always nice to have a happy ending.  I felt happier when Katniss had allies in the areana, first Rue and then Peeta.  It made it seem like she had a better chance of surviving and I did worry for her safety as much.


The Launch
I could definitely hear this song playing as the tributes are raised up on their metal circles.  All the tributes looking around at each other and the open stretch of dirt between them and the cornucopia.  Also, I can picture Kaniss looking around for Peeta and seeing him shaking his head,warning her not to go into the Cornucopia. The song is gloomy and slow and would create suspense as they wait for the gong and the hunger games to begin.

The Chase
This song reminded me of a chase scence. The song is very menacing so I could definitely imagine it in the background as any of the Careers especially Cato is chasing down Katniss.  One chase that stuck out would be after Katniss dropped the trackerjacker bee nest on the Careers and she heads back to get the bow and arrow from Glimmer.  You can just imagine this playing as Cato gets closer and closer to Katniss, and Katniss being disoriented and confused as she tries to get away.  The song kind of slows down a bit at the end and I can picture Peeta running out of nowhere and saving Katniss.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your ideas. I liked the book as well. I think the songs that you picked for this fit well with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said you felt bad for Peeta, but I felt worse for Gale!! I think that the way that their home life was he didn't feel comfortable telling Katniss how he felt. Gale tried to "run away" with her, but Katniss cut him off right from the start. Then, he has to watch her on live television "being in love" with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you a hundred percent and I also think your song choices fit in perfect. I could hear both and I like how u painted a picture to go alone with them.

    ReplyDelete